Monday, September 30, 2013

Things To Ask

I got so carried away with the I Love You post that I failed to post the very thing I was supposed to post, which are the questions that I plan to ask my doctor tomorrow.  I think I've covered everything.

This is the part where having an audience would be helpful, so that people can chime in with things I might have missed.  Oh well.  I'm working in a vacuum, but at least I'll be able to revisit these.

To Ask Doctor – Pre-Op Visit
  • ð        What is my surgical preparation?
  • ð        Do I have to remove my nail polish?  Can I wear clear polish?
  • ð        What kind of anesthesia will I have?
  • ð        Should I harvest blood in case I need a transfusion?
  • ð        How long will I be on bed rest?  How often should I get up?
  • ð        Will I be able to go up and down the stairs at home?
  • ð        Do I have to have a vertical incision?  Why can’t I have a horizontal incision?
  • ð        Will I have a catheter?  When does it get removed?
  • ð        When can I take a shower?  Take a bath?  Use my hot tub?
  • ð        Will I have special stockings to prevent clots in my legs post surgery?
  • ð        Will I need a tummy binder?
  • ð        How long will I have my IV?
  • ð        Will I need anything post-op for gas or constipation?
  • ð        Are there any foods that I should definitely consume, or definitely avoid?
  • ð        I would absolutely not like to have my ovaries removed.  Is there a chance for them to fail after surgery?
  • ð        Will I be in the hospital for one or two days?  What would be the factors that could potentially keep me longer?
  • ð        Are there any warning signs that I should watch out for when I go home?
  • ð        When can I start working again if I work from home in a sedentary job?  Is two weeks enough time to be off?
  • ð        When can I work out?
  • ð        How soon before spin class?
  • ð        Will I need a tummy tuck?

No comments:

Post a Comment