Monday, September 23, 2013

Roomba and the cleanliness issue

I've been trying to figure out ways to keep my house clean while I'll be incapacitated after surgery.  My boyfriend is not reliable, as he is the King of "I'll do it."  Even though he has no intention of doing it.  Or if he has intention, I have a different idea of the timeframe in which the task should be done.  So . . . to keep myself partially sane, and have some knowledge that at least one floor of my house will remain filth free, I went out and bought a Roomba!

I've had a robotic vacuum in the past, but it was a gift from my ex who bought an off-brand that I had never seen before, and have never seen since.  Of course it was the thought that counted, but it was FAR from the Roomba, and I've since pitched it in the trash . . . largely because I could never find replacement parts for it.   I don't even think there was a website for the brand.  Whatever . . .

Anyway, I'm loving the Roomba so far.  It goes under the bed, the dressers, and even moves things out of the way . . . which was kind of disconcerting the first time I saw one one of my lamps shoved across the floor.

So, that's one less thing to worry about.


No comments:

Post a Comment