Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Another year . . .

It's August again.  Whoo hoo.  The birthday is this week, and I'm not celebrating per usual. Trying to keep it as low-key as possible without expectation.  Having no expectations is a good thing.  Avoids so much disappointment later.  This year I plan to go to work and stay all day, even though  I don't really have to.  Maybe go to my dad's gig later. Or not.  The only thing I really want to do is have a massage, which I might do in the afternoon. We'll see.

Sometimes I wonder what life would be life if I were traditional.  What would happen if I were the person who enjoyed having big birthday parties, wanted to have a big wedding, two kids and large celebrations around each of those events?  What would life be like if I participated?  Maybe nobody would celebrate with me, but maybe they would.  Maybe I would attract different people -- people who were so happy that I was alive that they would be moved to celebrate the day.  My life experiences would be completely different, along with the people in my life.

But then I guess I would have needed to have had different parents, so I guess I'll choose my life -- however flawed.




No comments:

Post a Comment